Tuesday 21 February 2017

Q.6 what have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

This process of constructing my music magazine started in the preliminary task, since then I have had to apply more advanced technological processes by using more advanced tools on editing software for the construction of my music magazine. The full process of constructing this magazine involved a lot of forms of media to present my work and different application to produce the work and upload it onto blogger. 

When producing my magazine with its colors, images and structure, I used the editing software Photoshop in order to have a lot of freedom as to how I wanted my magazine to look like as the finished product. Photoshop had definitely enabled me to conform to my magazine's genre as there are various tools with different abilities for each. Also, to navigate across the controls and tools there was a navigation/toolbar that was situated on the left of the interface on the Photoshop software. It contained all the tools available in Photoshop below I have highlighted some of the tools I had used.

Image result for Sony a6000
I utilized the camera to the left to its advantage, I have been studying photography alongside Media and have learnt how to use the functions on it as best as possible. I bought it before the course began as I was upgrading from another model to this one for my A-level photography. The wider aperture and larger sensor gave me more flexibility in post as I would not have to worry about there being much image compression like my last camera. Also it has manual focus and is extremely compact, the benefits of this when shooting my model are that I can take my time making a better image whilst looking discrete with a less obvious professional camera.




I also used the blogger software in order to produce my posts and uploaded the content onto my blogger page. During the process of using this software, I had learnt a lot in terms of how to produce a post with a variety of different forms of media e.g, (images, slide-share and Prezi). I used these forms of media to present my work in a more creative way. I managed to place images on my blog posts by saving my images as JPEG format and uploading them directly from Blogger onto my blog post. This process was carried out with the image above of the camera and the PowerPoint image above that. With Prezi and Slide share I had managed to upload them by embedding the data from the two software's and pasting them into the HTML option on the toolbar of my blog posts.

With the Prezi software, I had found a new alternative of how to present my work. With this software, I was able to type up paragraphs within circles. It made my work appear more creative and is effective on showing that I have more of an understanding towards media technology as I  have used a variety of media technologies to present my work effectively.

Another media software I have used to present my work is Slide-share which is a software that enables my work to be presented like a slide show and can be navigated by the user looking at the slide share uploaded.

To conclude all the technologies I used have taught me the possibilities of what you can produce and has given me more confidence with the software's as I am now more familiar with how everything works.

No comments:

Post a Comment